Effectively managing sales function to maximise opportunities for improving hotel occupancies and rates.
The Sales Manager's duties and responsibilities include:
- Identifying and acting on potential market leads to ensure maximum exposure of Hotel facilities to potential clients;
- Planning sales strategy, in view of competitor activities, to maintain key accounts and obtain new business;
- Developing sales budgets and monitoring results on a monthly basis;
- Managing allocated portfolio of Group key accounts and reporting to Head Office in this regard;
- Monitoring sales in all hotel food and beverage outlets as well as the banqueting department;
- Developing relationships with clients;
- Entertaining clients during work and after hours;
- Effectively managing sales staff in order to maximise their potential and effectiveness.