...our Frequent Guest currency that can be used towards free holidays! How to earn Sun Rands…
Earning Sun Rands is easy.
Simply sign up to join our Frequent Guest programme where you will receive exclusive benefits and rewards, as well as Sun Rands
that can be used towards free holidays!
- At Executive Status you earn one Sun Rand for every R10 spent at participating hotels on a qualifying accommoation rate, earn one Sun Rand for every R20 spent at StayEasy hotels.
- Sun Rands are recorded and credited to your account within 36 hours of your stay and are calculated on your total bill on qualifying rates and items.
- Even while spending Sun Rands towards your free holiday (when paying a qualifying rate) you can earn Sun Rands on qualifying items, but not on the redeemed accommodation portion of the Sun Rand redemption.
- You also earn Sun Rands when you make use of the services of our select Programme Partners.
- Sun Rands and/or SAA Voyager miles can be earned whenever you stay at Beverly Hills Hotel, Sandton Sun, The Palazzo Montecasino, Southern Sun Hotels and InterContinental hotels when a qualifying accommodation rate is paid.
- Southern Sun Resort Timeshare owners can earn SunRands on qualifying items excluding timeshare levies.
Spending your Sun Rands…
Spending your SunRands is easy. Once you’ve accumulated Sun Rands, they can be used as payment when booking accommodation. Sun Rands can be used to pay for accommodation in full or in part and can be used at any of the participating hotels.
How do you book your accommodation using Sun Rands?
- When redeeming Sun Rands, 1 Sun Rand = ZAR 1.
- Your Sun Rand redemption booking must include a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.
- You need at least 50% of the booking value available in Sun Rands to make a Sun Rand redemption. The balance can be settled in cash on arrival at the hotel.
To make your Sun Rand redemption booking, follow these easy steps…
- Call the Customer Contact Centre, or simply book online.
- Have your travel dates, preferred hotel and Frequent Guest membership number and PIN on hand. If you are booking through the Customer Contact Centre, advise the Agent that you wish to use your Sun Rands.
- Complete your booking and look forward to your free holiday.
Cancelling your Sun Rands booking…
Sun Rand redemption bookings may be cancelled using the following guidelines:
- Call the Customer Contact Centre with your reservation details, or if you originally made your Sun Rand redemption online, follow the online reservation cancellation process.
Please be advised that should you fail to arrive without cancelling your booking, your Sun Rands will be forfeited. Also note that any Sun Rands that would have expired at the time of cancellation will be forfeited. Validity of Sun Rands …
Sun Rands are valid for up to 24 months unless you have President tier status, in which case your Sun Rands will never expire for as long as you maintain your President Status. Validity Periods
||30 Jun 2014
31 Dec 2013
30 Jun 2013
|31 Dec 2012|
Qualifying accommodation rates
The following accommodation rates qualify to earn Sun Rands:
- Public Rates
- Frequent Guest Corporate Rates
- Public SunBreaks Rates
Sun Rands can be earned on qualifying rates and items and services when a qualifying accommodation rate is paid. Qualifying items include the following:
- Food and beverages at hotel owned restaurants and bars
- Laundry, valet services and telephone calls
Please note that qualifying items must be charged to your room account and will be reconciled and added to your Sun rands account within 36 hours of your stay.
Sun Rands are not earned on payments to third parties such as franchise restaurants, hotel shops, any cash disbursements or parking.
Sports, Discovery Vitalty and Group & Conference rates do not qaulify for benefits or rewards.
Terms and Conditions apply.